An initiative of the Australian Government, Australia Awards in Africa (AAA) is a pan-African program of development scholarships and fellowships that offers 1,000 postgraduate scholarships each year to eligible African professionals.
On this website, you will find important information about eligibility criteria, about the application process, and about living and studying in Australia.
• Watch Australia Awards in Africa Video
Australia’s commitment to Africa
Australia is committed to developing the capacity and leadership skills of Africans to enable them to contribute effectively to development in their home countries. Over the past three years, the number of scholarships available for African professionals has increased ten-fold to a total of 1,000 development awards annually. One-quarter of all Australia’s development scholarships are now directed to Africa.
Types of Award
Australia Awards comprise four categories of scholarship:
• Long-Term Awards: Postgraduate scholarships that lead to an academic qualification from an Australian university
• Australian Leadership Award Scholarships: Supplementary scholarships for recipients of Masters-level Awards that aim to enhance leadership in tackling development challenges
• Short Course Awards: Targeted professional development courses in a specialised field, with a duration of between one and three months
• Australian Leadership Award Fellowships: Fellowships hosted by an Australian organisation that are intended to build long-term relationships between Australia and African professionals
Applications open in September!
From 1 September 2012, Applications will be accepted for the following Awards:
Short Course Awards for 2013: Closing date 30 November 2012
Long-Term Awards (Masters-level Awards) for 2014: Closing date 14 December 2012
Long-Term Awards (PhD Agriculture) for 2014: Closing date 31 March 2013
Tuesday, 11 September 2012
Posted by MANUEL DE ARAÚJO at Tuesday, September 11, 2012