Tuesday 15 June 2010

Palin to Visit Thatcher in London

Monday, 14 Jun 2010 03:32 PM
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin is planning a trip to visit former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, according to Politico.

In a Facebook post scheduled to go up Monday, Palin writes: “I have received an invitation for a visit to London, and part of that invitation included the offer of arranging a meeting between myself and one of my political heroines, the ‘Iron Lady,’ Margaret Thatcher.”

“I would love to meet her and hope I'll be able to arrange the trip in the future,” Palin writes.

“As I wrote last year when I offered her birthday wishes, Baroness Thatcher’s life and career serve as a blueprint for overcoming the odds and challenging the ‘status quo,'” Palin continues. “She started life as a grocer's daughter from Grantham and rose to become Prime Minister — all by her own merit and hard work. I cherish her example and will always count her as one of my role models. Her friendship with my other political hero, Ronald Reagan, exemplified the Special Relationship between the United States and the United Kingdom.”

Read the entire story at Politico.

No comments: